AC I-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC I-140

Recently my I-140 got approved in TSC with AOS. My PD is June 98 so now I have spent almost 4 yrs to reach this stage. My H1B expires in Sept 2002 with 6 yrs. I am aware that H1B can be extended beyond 6 yrs but at this stage, to get GC faster, I would seriously like to consider AC I-140 option.
    I would like to know
    1. if anybody has recently done or currently doing AC140 at any Indian consulate (preferably Mumbai) and if so, what is the their experience?
    2. I have got info about documents from this website in detail. Just would like to know if i need to worry about any document ahead of time such as police clearance cert or so.
    3. And any relavant info which can help me to keep up with the process.
    4. Any idea, what kind of timeframe am I looking at which includes filing 824, sending packet 3 to consulate and getting interview date?
    Thanx a lot. I really appreciate your input
    Sameer Deshmukh!!!

AC I-140

I would like to know
    1. if anybody has recently done or currently doing AC140 at any Indian consulate (preferably Mumbai) and if so, what is the their experience?

I AC140 was approved & have my interview date in
    March.

2. I have got info about documents from this website in detail. Just would like to know if i need to worry about any document ahead of time such as police clearance cert or so.

NO, just sent them AC 140 forms, with the I824
    Receipt notice

3. And any relavant info which can help me to keep up with the process.
    Apply for I824 asap if you have not done yet.

4. Any idea, what kind of timeframe am I looking at which includes filing 824, sending packet 3 to consulate and getting interview date?

I 824 receipt notice, I got it in 3 weeks. U don't have
    to wait for the approval.
    AC-140, cutoff dates are 15th of every month. one &
    half month from that date.

Total approx 3 months.

Hope this helps.
    Goodluck ;-)

Comment

Your information is really helpful. Is there any email where i can contact u if i need any more info from u. my email is [email protected]
      Just today i have filed 824 and keeping my fingers crossed.
      thanx a lot and good luck for your interview
      sameer!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X