Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between IR1 AND CR1??

i have received my CP interview letter and its mentioned IR1 over there ,

I was married in 2007 feb and my interview is on feb 12 2008 and on my appointment letter its written IR1,so that means i wont get a conditional residence as it doesnt state CR1?

Difference between IR-1 and CR-1 is following.

- IR-1 will receive 10 year validity versus CR-1 will receive 2 year validity.

- IR-1 may need to renew their Permanent Resident Card (also known as Green Card) when 10 year validity (expiry) day comes, but even if you don't renew it, or you miss it, you don't loose Legal Permanent Resident Status. You just have a couple of restrictions such as Country In/Out (Foreign country travel), Naturalization... You can renew it whenever it is convenient for you even AFTER expiry date.

- CR-1 needs to file I-751 to remove the condition for your Green Card for 2 year validity, and need to PROVE your marriage is indeed maintained with same person for those 2 years. There are some exceptions, but you have to file I-751 to remove the condition. You can file I-751 from 90 days prior to expiry date to expiry date, and if you miss it, you will loose your legal permanent resident status.

You may need to check with your consulate at the interview, because you should be getting a 2 year gc, not a 10 year one... but either way, there are always exceptions.

Do not try to "trick" the system. If this is an error, it need to be corrected or it may hurt you later on.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

thank you for your reply

So you are telling me that i should let them know of this? or when i go fo my interview i ask the officer reagarding this ?

Comment

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. If it is an error, it needs to be fixed and if it is not an error, then you will know for sure and have the "peace of mind".

Because if it is an error, and you don't tell them, and later on they find out... and you were supposed to file I-751 and you didn't... you may find yourself in trouble and lose status and who knows...

So, be safe, and ask the officer.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

IR1 green card limitation?

It IR1 greencard holder give devorce to her husband after few month. What will happen to her greencard? Can she get married again and take her spouse with her?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X