Any Sucess with Leap Frog ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Sucess with Leap Frog ??

I would like to know if anyone had success with the leap frog option in the previous year.
    Any posts/pointers on the internet or immi websites, stating that someone was successful with it.
    My L1 status is valid till mar 09. Worried if Im refused entry at the border by road, my family will be in the US, and I might have to stay out of the country.

Just hoping to know my chances.
    Also, read in a post that EAC# is enough to transfer petition to the new employer. Is that true ?

thanks for the help.

PS: Horrified, chose the wrong consultant.

There is no need to ask for success stories as there is nothing wrong with leap-frog. It is a normal process just the way you travel and re-enter. You need to explain to CBP if you are entering by road as a new I-94 is given only for stay beyond 30 days.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hey .. thanks for reassuring.

Im sure, it would help psychologically, if some one said..'YES, it worked '
      A lot i guess on this forum is gonna make that 'leap'.

Ill certainly post back on Oct 2nd... if my planetary positions were good on that day, convincing officers in MI. Would be of help to the next H1B.

Another twist in the story, proly a trap , my consultants legal adviser, says I can just remain on L1 and do nothing and after 60 days.. H1 gets revoked...

In mean time, if anyone comes across this post, and has done that.. or for sure, know anyone who has done..lemme know... of it.

Comment

Originally posted by clwtrz
        Another twist in the story, proly a trap , my consultants legal adviser, says I can just remain on L1 and do nothing and after 60 days.. H1 gets revoked...
        S/he must have dreamt it. No such laws exist. H1 gets revoked if employer chooses to revoke. Even if a revoke happens, a person that had a COS does not fall back into the previously held status but becomes illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Just to give you a comfort level.
          My friend had a H-1 for 3 years which he did not used.
          He was in US on L-1, finally now he is getting his visa transferred to H-1.
          so to reemphasize txh1b's point - it does not gets revoked automatically

Comment

Sweet !! Thanks guyz, you rock !!
            Had a sleepless night.. going through all the posts here...

Im sure, there are many of us out there who will find this useful.
            Yep that was a trap, to fall back on L1 and H1 gets revoked.

I got a friend who is willing to do a transfer of H1 to his company before Oct 1. He is ok with me doing the leap frog and at a later time do a COS from L1 to H1.

PS: desperate situations vl make sure u get into the worst. Had he waited until Jan, it would be a win - win.

kudos guyz..

Comment

Okie, looks like things are making it a little complicated.

I consulted an independant immigration attorney. He says that I can stay on L1 as long as I want and do not have to do the leap frog process.
              The company atmost could do, is to revoke the petition, and my status would not get affected.

Wanted to check if the person who used his H1, 3 years after being on L1, do the leap frog process ??

Comment

The attorney is absolutely wrong. Many famous immigration attorneys have stood by the concept of leap frog for saving the L1.

At the end of the day, it is your choice if you want to be legal or illegal after Oct 1st.

Comment

Sure, this is a discussion. I just stated what the lawyer advised for a service fee.

I definitely would like to take the best approach and the safest approach.
                  If you have pointers to any immigration lawyer, I can definitely go for it.
                  Basically, and run me through the entire process till its all safe and done.

At the end of the day, I have a lot of commitments and really really desperate to save my L1 status.

Leap frog, I will do anywayz, cause if the status from H is irreversible, im sure ill have lot more to lose than an attorney.

Comment

Hi Clwtrz,
                    Are you going to do leap frog?Did you get hold of any immigration Lawyer
                    Please let me know..What you decided as i am also in same boat..

Guys,
                    Anybody planning to do leap frog this year please let me know..

Thanks,
                    byk.
                    Originally posted by clwtrz
                    Sure, this is a discussion. I just stated what the lawyer advised for a service fee.

I definitely would like to take the best approach and the safest approach.
                    If you have pointers to any immigration lawyer, I can definitely go for it.
                    Basically, and run me through the entire process till its all safe and done.

At the end of the day, I have a lot of commitments and really really desperate to save my L1 status.

Leap frog, I will do anywayz, cause if the status from H is irreversible, im sure ill have lot more to lose than an attorney.
                    Last edited by byk; 08-19-2008, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Leap-frog is not even some complicated immigration law, by common sense too it would work the way its said below. You applied for a H1 with COS so your status changes to H1 if you are in the US. If you are outside that COS means nothing, come back in with whatever visa you want on H, L, B, F, P, R... Why so many posts needing assurances and reassurances and the same thing again and again??

Comment

Leapfrog name is more complicated than what it is. It is a simple use of the "Last Action Rule" that determines your status in US.

I think people are paranoid and are making it more complex than what it is, unfortunately.

Wish I were an Immigration Lawyer and could milk some money on such unwarranted fears.

Comment

You know the consultant really create a lot of problem for people.
                          They scare people so that they quickly join them.

BTW, I too appled for H1 with COS this year and want to remain on L1B in the US after Oct 01. I too am planning to do leap frog. This is the only option left for us to save L1.

Also, I see that my H1B is not yet approved. The USCIS site says "Pending". Any idea what will H1 get approved.
                          Some say Vermont Service Center is the slowest.
                          I'm worried.

Comment

Hi guys..iam in the sameboat...iam planning for leapfrong ..please reach me at [email protected]
                            what did u guys plan???

Comment

Hey.. after consulting lawyers.. calling up USCIS and most importantly collecting all the information from forums and applying common sense. Also, talking to people who have done it.

We should be able to get back on a valid L1 visa, which would reset our status back to L1. At the port of entry, if you have a valid visa and documents, you are allowed to enter to the US on that status.

Hmm... my biggest enemies for this year has been consultants & attorney.
                              I have paid money to 2 attorneys.. to hear 2 contradicting stories. And absolutely no words for these short sighted consultants for the kind of mess they put you through.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X