H1B visa transfer and re-entry into USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa transfer and re-entry into USA

I was working with Company A and my H1B visa stamp on passport is valid till Oct 2007. I changed employer and my H1B visa is transferred to Company B.

I want to visit Mumbai in 2006 end, do I have to take appointment with Consulate in India to get stamping on passport for new employer.

I also note that no dates are available in India Consulates upto Jan 2007.
    Some people told me to go to Canada / Mexico and do stamping.

My question is since my visa is stamped till Oct 2007, do i have to do any stamping?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Hello Lata,

It seems that your case is just H1 transfer, for your case you ne need to get it stamped until ur visa expires. Just have the approved doc with you while u traveling to mumbai and coming back.

Seniors please correct me if am wrong anywhere.

Cheers,
    Frederik.

Comment

Reentry to US

Hello Lata

Below is the Exact verbatim from my Lawyer

Please Note :

You do not need new visa merely because You have changed Employer and recieved a new or current I-797 Approval Notice of Action from USCIS.

If your current Visa is still Valid, You May reenter to USA with the Old employeer Visa as long as you are in Possession of Valid I-797 from your Current Employer, even though the visa contains information from your former employer. As always, with each reentry to the US, please check your I-94 departure record to determine your current status and how long you can remain in the USA under that status.

Comment

Thanks Very Much..I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

No need for H1B visa stamping

Lata,

You don't need any H1B visa stamp if you have a valid visa stamp from old company A. Just take a current employment verification letter from your current employer before visiting to India. You should have following docs

1 Your H1-B visa papers(Origional I-797) (Take all docs including old employers).

2. All Salary slips

3. W2(Income Tax) and Income Tax returns

4. Current employment Verifications letter from your current employeer stating when you joined current company,your annual salary,designation,working 40 hours per week on full time basis.

5. All your experience letters and job offer letters

I recently came from India.My case is exactly similar to you.

So you don't need to worry about it if you have all above documents.

Regards,
          Raj

Originally posted by lata
          I was working with Company A and my H1B visa stamp on passport is valid till Oct 2007. I changed employer and my H1B visa is transferred to Company B.

I want to visit Mumbai in 2006 end, do I have to take appointment with Consulate in India to get stamping on passport for new employer.

I also note that no dates are available in India Consulates upto Jan 2007.
          Some people told me to go to Canada / Mexico and do stamping.

My question is since my visa is stamped till Oct 2007, do i have to do any stamping?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X