Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expired**URGENT**

Hi,
    My I-94 expired 16 months back ( Me and my employer, both did not realized it, until last week ). My employer attorneys told me that, i have to leave US immediately and i will be banned for 10 years.

As last option, i went to local cbp office(03/25/2010) and explained the situation. officer responded positively and gave me new I-94 card with exp date as june 2010 ( My I-797b expires on june 2010) and also strike off the new I-94 number and wrote my old I-94 number in that place. But, I am trying to leave US , on this coming Tuesday. Officer told me that , it will take 7 days to reflect the same in the system.

Q: Am I back in status now ?
    Q: Do i need to postpone my travel from this Tuesday to later day(may be after 7 days)

Pls, help me with above questions. Thanks !

If your I-797 expires in June 2010, how did your I-94 expire 16 months back?

You should have received I-94 with the date that matches the expiration date of I-797.

If you extended H1 while in the US, you should have received new I-94 along with extended I-797. It is at the bottom of I-797.

Something does not make sense here.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply and sorry, for not providing enough details. I came here with my previous employer's visa, which expires on Oct 2008. so, that is why, i got my I-94 , upto Oct 2008. But, after that, my H1 got transfered , but i got I-797B, where I-94 is not attached to it and this is what we(my employer and me) missed it.

Comment

I'm in the same boat, but this gave me some confidence.

Can you elaborate what did you told CBP officer & did you take your lawyer with you?

Thanks!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X